The Matchbox Mercede-Benz Binz Ambulance represents a Binz ambulance on a Mercedes chassis. This was a common arrangement at the time; most Binz ambulances have used Mercedes chassis, with recent Binz ambulances typically using the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans as their basis.
The model's tailgate opens upward, allowing insertion and removal of the easily-lost patient on a stretcher. Originally released with regular wheels, the model made the transition to Superfast wheels in 1970.
The Mercedes Benz Binz Ambulance has come out in the following 1/64 scale versions:
- Mercedes Benz Ambulance (King Size), the King Size version of this model.
- Ambulance, for other ambulances released by Matchbox
- Category:Mercedes-Benz, for other Mercedes-Benz vehicles released by Matchbox
- ↑ BINZ. "Ambulance" and sub-pages. n.d. Accessed February 14, 2014 at http://www.binz.com/en/ambulance-authority/ambulance.html
- ↑ Wood, Andrew. "Mercedes-Benz Binz Ambulance - 3c". ChezBois.com n.d. Accessed February 14, 2014 at http://www.chezbois.com/non_corgi/matchbox/Model_4569.htm